Sunday 17 August 2014

Yarn stash stress

I get the impression that a lot of people love their yarn stash. It fills them with ideas and inspiration and they feel comforted knowing that there is always yarn there for them to pick up.

I am the opposite. My yarn stash, which is by no means enormous, stresses me out quite a lot.

This is linked to a general dislike I have of wasting anything. Wasting is wrong and bad for the environment. Wasting means that you don't get your moneys worth of something you've paid for. Both of these are big crimes in my book.

Sometimes I feel that I walk around dragging the weight of all the things I need to use. Those vermicelli noodles that I bought for a complicated dish I'll never be bothered to make again, the nail varnish set I was given for Christmas but that I can't see being able to use up before they all go gloopy.

And yarn. Lots of lovely, colourful, stressful yarn.

You would think that this yarn stash stress would mean that I don't like to buy new yarn. Hah! If only! I have, in fact, just placed an order for several new balls of yarn from Wool Warehouse. I have projects in mind for some of the balls, but not all.

I wonder, will I ever beat my stash?

No comments:

Post a Comment