Monday 11 August 2014

Tips for weaving in ends when crocheting

Perhaps this is evident for everyone else (I always have this feeling that it’s only me who’s in the dark), but weaving in ends took me a while to get the hang of. I started out randomly poking the yarn in and out of the fabric, which just created a mess and didn’t ensure a very secure finish. As a result, I would dread doing it.

But now that I’ve discovered a nice and simple way to weave in ends it’s no longer the chore that it was. Happy days!

Instructions
Tuck the yarn under a group of double crochet (single crochet in US) as the photo shows. You can also go back along the same group afterwards (making sure you don’t go back in the hole you came out of!) as this makes it nice and tight and secure.

I usually leave about 8-10 centimetres of end to weave in. But less is probably just as secure, I just like to be able to turn the darning needle easily!

That’s all the instructions needed for this post. It really is as simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment