Thursday 17 July 2014

I'm dreaming of a crochet Christmas

Ok, so I know that July is not yet out and that we're having the hottest days of the year and all that...but I think it's time to start planning for Christmas.

I'm not taking about getting the turkey ordered (which would be weird anyway as I'm a veggie), but about getting presents organised.

You see, I've decided to go a bit Kirstie Allsop and make as many as I can myself.

This has several benefits, such as potentially saving money and learning/honing some skills. But also, I've quite simply run out of other ideas for interesting presents. 

My crochet bible
The list of makes is, so far, as follows:
  • Four pairs of socks (pattern from my crochet book)
  • Three pairs of child's wrist warmers (pattern from my crochet book)
  • Two (perhaps more) sets of snowflakes (will test out some internet patterns)
I may also make some pom pom baubles and Christmas decorations. And today I bought some yogurts in glass jars with the idea that I can crochet some jar cosies and make them pretty tea light holders. I might make some cards too.

Oh my what am I doing typing here I'd better get working!

Here's hoping that my makes turn out ok. I have five months to practice. And if they're all a total disaster, I guess there's always the nice tin of M&S biscuits option.


No comments:

Post a Comment